Cave des grands vins get you a selection of rare wines, Burgundy wines, Rhone Valley wines and a large choice of Bordeaux wine Grand cru lyke wine Château Cos d’Estournel , wine Château Montrose , wine Château Calon Segur .

To seek a wine by
No item in your trolley
total: 
0.00 €
My account
you subscribe
 


  
 

Cave des grands vins
offers a large choice of payment

Bordeaux wine

Château Cos d'Estournel

Bordeaux wine Château Cos d'Estournel Saint-Estèphe
Cos d'Estournel
Saint-Estèphe
2ème Grand Cru Classé
1950 
295.00 €
Box Gift 305.00 € 
Quantity 
Red wine
0,75 L
CARD-INDEX OF CELLAR
Area : Bordeaux
Name : Saint-Estèphe
Type : Red wine
Grape variety : Cabernet-franc, Cabernet-sauvignon, Merlot, Petit-Verdot
Structure : Deep, Finesse, Fleshy, Powerful, Sappy
Families of flavor : Earth, Fresh fruits, Minerals, Spices
Conservation : A boire jusqu'en 2020
Temperature of service : 16-17°
Mets/Wines agreements : Baron d'agneau aux herbes, Magret de canard aux figues, Pigeon rôti aux cèpes
Capacity : Bottle (0,75 L)
See the product 2ème Grand Cru Classé Château Cos d'Estournel 1
To zoom in on the product 2ème Grand Cru Classé Château Cos d'Estournel 1
Description :
Niveau légèrement bas

Château Cos d'Estournel

Château Cos d’Estournel Grand Cru Classé Saint-Estèphe  

The Cos d’Estournel, Grand Vins, is most likely to be a derivative of caux, itself derived from colline de cailloux, meaning ‘stony slope’. Although in French the terminal consonant in caux is silent, in the Gascon tongue the end consonant is most certainly vocalised, accounting for how caux may mutate into Cos over the years.

The vineyards of Cos are on the customary Quaternary gravel which peppers the left bank of the Gironde. There are 70 hectares divided up into 30 parcels, with Cabernet Sauvignon holding a slight predominance, accounting for 60% of the red vines, with the remaining 40% being Merlot.

There was once a small amount of Cabernet Franc, about 2% of the vineyard, but this no longer seems to play a part in today’s Cos d’Estournel. The Cabernet is concentrated to the west of the vineyard, where there are well-drained gravel slopes, whereas the Merlot prefers the eastern edge where the limestone bedrock peeps out from beneath the surface gravels.

The vines are planted at a density of 8000 to 10000 vines/ha, and have an average age of 35 years. Only those of more than 20 years provide fruit for the grand vin, Chateau Cos d’Estournel, with others most probably destined for the second wine, Les Pagodes de Cos. Each vineyard worker has responsibility for 45000 vines, and must oversee the routine vineyard tasks such as pruning and leaf-thinning.


 


Notes de dégustation

Niveau légèrement bas

Our others Bordeaux wine

The Net surfers having chosen this wine also consulted

Cave-des-grands-vins.com get you a large choice of rare wines and wine grand cru. 
Burgundy Great wineRhone Valley Wine. Bordeaux wines Grands crus,  wine Château Cos d’Estournel , wine Château Montrose , wine Château Calon Segur .