Cave-des-grands-vins.com your online web merchant get you a large choice of rare wines , wine grand cru , great wines. Bordeaux wines Grands crus, Saint-Emilion Wines, Château Cheval Blanc wine,  Château Figeac wine, Château Ausone wine, Château Canon La Gaffelière wine

To seek a wine by
No item in your trolley
total: 
0.00 €
My account
you subscribe
 


  
 

Cave des grands vins
offers a large choice of payment

Bordeaux wine

Château Troplong Mondot

Bordeaux wine Château Troplong Mondot Saint-Emilion
Château Troplong Mondot
Saint-Emilion
Grand Cru Classé
2009 
Notations : 
  • Robert Parker : 99 points
  • Wine Spectator : 94-97 points
164.00 €
Box Gift 174.00 € 
Quantity 
Red wine
0,75 L
CARD-INDEX OF CELLAR
Area : Bordeaux
Name : Saint-Emilion
Type : Red wine
Grape variety : Cabernet-franc, Cabernet-sauvignon, Merlot
Structure : Consistent, Dense, Length, Powerful, Rich, Thick
Families of flavor : Chocolat, Cèdre, Fresh fruits, Minerals, Truffe, Vanille
Conservation : A boire jusqu'en 2050
Temperature of service : 16-17°
Mets/Wines agreements : Civet de sanglier, Epaule d'agneau farcie, Magrets de canard aux figues
Capacity : Bottle (0,75 L)
See the product Grand Cru Classé Château Troplong Mondot 1
To zoom in on the product Grand Cru Classé Château Troplong Mondot 1
Description :
Intense aromas of blackberry and blueberry follow through to a full body, with well-integrated tannins and a fruity finish. Offers lots of licorice and spice. There's lovely length to this. Reserved and pretty –JS
 

Château Troplong Mondot

Château Troplong Mondot Grand Cru Classé Saint-Emilion  

The vineyard still stands at 30 hectares at the top of Mondot, the escarpment to the east of Saint Emilion that affords such magnificent views over the vineyards and the Dordogne. As such it is an impressive estate, three times the size of many of its neighbours and peers, although comparable in size to the closest such neighbour, the illustrious Pavie.

The soils are the typical clay over limestone, with patches of flint, and the vines predominantly Merlot which accounts for 90%, with 5% each of the two Cabernets. They have an average age of 35 years, although some have achieved an impressive 90 years.  

The fruit is naturally hand-harvested, then fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel, followed by malolactic in oak, where the wine rests for between 12 and 24 months depending on the vintage. The oak is mostly new, accounting for 75% of the barrels, the remaining 25% being one year-old.

There is an egg white fining if required, and no filtration. What results is then directed into one of two principal cuvées, the grand vin Troplong-Mondot (typically 10000 cases per annum) and the second wine Mondot (800 cases), a Cabernet-dominated cuvée, which was introduced in 1985. 

   Château Troplong Mondot Grand Cru Classé Saint-Emilion

Notes de dégustation

Robert Parker : 94-97 points
"I tasted this wine four separate times, with three tastings extremely consistent, and one tasting showing slightly more noticeable and astringent tannin. Do I think it is going to be as prodigious as the 2005? No, but it is a compelling Troplong Mondot, and probably more approachable than the 2005 has been in its youth. This is a large vineyard, nearly 80 acres in size, and part of it had hail damage in May. They are late-harvesters, the Merlots were picked through October 10 and the Cabernet finished October 20, with very low yields of 30 hectoliters per hectare, no doubt due at least in part to the hail damage. Alcohols on lots chosen for the grand vin are very high, between 14.5 and 15.5. The wine is inky purple in color, displaying beautiful creme de cassis, licorice, subtle smoke and graphite notes, enormous body, juicy, viscous texture, good vibrancy, a skycraper-like, multi-dimensional mouthfeel, and a whopping long finish of 40+ seconds. This is a great wine, probably more hedonistic and voluptuous than the 2005, but ultimately a tiny notch below that virtually perfect Troplong Mondot, which still gets my nod as the best ever made. This wine should evolve for at least 30-40 years. (Tasted four times.)" (2010)

Wine Specatator : 94-97 points
"IIntense aromas of blackberry and blueberry follow through to a full body, with well-integrated tannins and a fruity finish. Offers lots of licorice and spice. There’s lovely length to this. Reserved and pretty" (2010)


Our others Bordeaux wine

The Net surfers having chosen this wine also consulted

Cave-des-grands-vins.com online shop get you a selection of rare wines , wine grand cru. Bordeaux wines Grands crus, Saint-Emilion Wines, Château Cheval Blanc wine,  Château Figeac wine, Château Ausone wine, Château Canon La Gaffelière wine