Domaine Tortochot Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru 2018
Burgundy wine Les Sentiers
Allen Meadows : 92 points
Jancis Robinson 16,5/20
Your Cellarman : 91 points
Red wine 2018
- Area : Bourgogne
- Name : Chambolle-Musigny
- Grape variety : Pinot Noir
- Structure : Complex, Dense, Rich, Thick
- Families of flavor : Earth, Fresh fruits, Licorice, Spices
- Conservation : A boire jusqu'en 2030 et plus
- Temperature of service : 15-16°
- Mets/wines agreements : Canard aux pêches de vigne, Carré d'agneau aux herbes, Faisan rôti à la périgourdine
- Capacity : Bottle (0,75 L)
Description of the Domaine Tortochot
Noticeable if not flattening reduction detracts mildly from the cool red berry fruit and mineral aromas though I would suggest decanting this for 30 minutes first should you decide to open one young. The equally cool mineral-infused flavors are serious and moderately structured on the balanced and firm finish. Lovely.
Another recent recuperation, 400 bottles, from Georges Lignier.
Pale to mid cherry red. Very seductive on the nose. A little solid and pedestrian on the palate. Red sucky sweet?
A ripe, fresh and attractively spicy nose reflects a variety of both red and dark pinot fruit nuances
The 2018 Beaune Clos des Mouches is totally beautiful. It shows gorgeous inner perfume and a weightless, gracious personality
A pungent nose of sulfur, wood and reduction completely dominates the fruit today. Otherwise the succulent, round and plump easy-going flavors exude a refreshing salinity on the balanced finale
A slightly riper nose is derived from the darker side of the fruit spectrum along with plenty of spice and sandalwood nuances